Anh Do is a Vietnamese-born Australian writer, painter, actor and comedian. He is the brother of movie director, Khoa Do and co-wrote, produced and acted in some of his movies including Footy Legends.
We’d be seeing Anh Do’s biography, date of birth, age, early life, family, wife, children, books, net worth, houses, cars, social media handles and more.
Name: Anh Do
Date of birth: 2nd June, 1977
Age: 44 years
Spouse(s): Suzanne Do
Occupation: Actor • Stand-up comedian • Author
Anh Do Biography, Early Life, Family, Education, Career
Born on the 2nd of June, 1977, Anh Do is a Vietnamese-born Australian writer, painter, actor and comedian.
He is the brother of movie director, Khoa Do and co-wrote, produced and acted in some of his movies including Footy Legends.
Anh Do has appeared on several Australian TV shows including Good News Week and Thank God You’re Here.
He was runner-up on Dancing with the Stars in 2007, and has a combined Business Law degree from the University of Technology, Sydney.
In 1980, Anh Do and his family fled from Vietnam to Australia as refugees. He published his autobiography, The Happiest Refugee in 2010 where he told the story of how his family survived five days in a leaky fishing boat nine and a half metres long and two metres wide.
According to the story, they were attacked by two different groups of pirates while on transit. The first group stole one of the engines on the boat, and the second stole the second engine.
While the pirates where leaving, one of them threw a gallon of water into the boat while kept all the passengers, minus one alive until they were rescued by a German merchant ship.
The Happiest Refugee won many awards after it was published, and garnered international acclaim.
Do had his secondary education at the St Aloysius’ College in Milsons Point. He started a small business rearing fishes when he was 14 years old, and owned a stall which sold American Indian artifacts while in his first year at the University of Technology, Sydney.
Anh Do is married to Suzanne (Suzie) Do and they have three sons and a daughter.
Some of Anh Do’s awards include:-
- Independent Booksellers Book of the Year (for The Happiest Refugee) – 2011
- Book of the Year (for The Happiest Refugee) – 2011
- Joint winner (with musician Paul Kelly) of the Biography of the Year (for The Happiest Refugee) – 2011
- Best Newcomer (for The Happiest Refugee) – 2011
Anh Do Movies
Some of Anh Do’s movie appearances include:-
- Double the Fist – 2008
- Kick – 2007
- Blue Water High – (Episode: It’s Hard to Be Normal) – 2005
- Crooked Business – 2008
- Little Fish – 2005
- Footy Legends – 2006
- SeaChange – 2000
- Solo – 2006
- Pizza as Chong Fat – 2005 to 2007
- The Finished People – 2003
- All Saints (Episode: The Devil to Pay) – 2003
- Don’t Blame Me – 2002
- Anh’s Brush with Fame – 2016 to 2021
- Anh Does Iceland – 2014
- Anh Does Brazil – 2014
- Made in China – 2008
- Anh Does Scandinavia – 2014
- Anh Does Vietnam – 2012
- Anh Does Britain – 2013
- Talking Heads (Series 6 Episode 33) – 2010
- The Squiz – 2009
- Top Gear Australia – 2009
- Deal or No Deal Special – 2007
- Dancing with the Stars – 2007
- Thank God You’re Here – 2006 & 2007
- The NRL Footy Show
- Long Lost Family
- Matty Johns Show
- Pictures of You
Anh Do Books
Some of Anh Do literarily works include:-
- The Happiest Refugee – 2010
- WeirDo – 2013
- WeirDo #2 : Even Weirder! – 2014
- WeirDo #3 : Extra Weird – 2014
- WeirDo #4: Super Weird! – 2015
- WeirDo #5 : Totally Weird! – 2015
- WeirDo #6 : Crazy Weird! – 2016
- WeirDo #7 : Mega Weird! – 2016
- WeirDo #8 : Really Weird! – 2017
- WeirDo #9 : Spooky Weird! – 2017
- WeirDo #10 : Messy Weird! – 2018
- WeirDo #11: Splashy Weird – 2018
- Hot Dog! (Hot Dog #1) – 2016
- Hot Dog! Party Time (Hotdog, #2) – 2017
- The Little Refugee (with Bruce Whatley) – 2011
- Ninja Kid – 2018
- What Do They do with all the Poo from all the Animals at the Zoo? – 2016
- Rise of the Mythix : Golden Unicorn – 2019
Connect With Anh Do
To connect with Anh Do:
Official Website – AnHdo.com
Thanks a lot for reading along.
What do you think?